Why Would You Want to Download YouTube Videos?
YouTube videos are meant to be watched on YouTube only, but sometimes you might have a valid reason to download the videos, for example:
- To avoid video streaming issues on slow internet connections
- To watch a video in places without internet connections
- To watch a video on another device that is not connected to the internet
- To keep a copy of a video that might be removed later from YouTube
- And many other valid reasons...
But first before downloading any videos from YouTube, you should know that you will be breaking YouTube's terms of service in doing so, it's clearly stated under section 5
Your Use of Content
You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content. You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of YouTube or the respective licensors of the Content.
So if you don't have a valid reason to
download YouTube videos
then it's best to not do so and keep watching the videos on YouTube only.